Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April 1, 2013

BIG NEWS! NORTH KOREA DECALRED WAR ON SOUTH KOREA!
We are all getting moved to missions in the states this next transfer and its also April fools day here ;) せせせせ <-- Those are Korean giggles 

Okay I'll be serious! HELLO FAMILY!! :) <3 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA! ( Dad if you forgot, tomorrow your time in grandmas birthday.. you should call her :P ) 
I just wanted to tell  you all that I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! Especially all the pictures of cute babies, and pregnant belly's... random side note: I had a dream last night that leasa was pregnant... weird. ha ha 
Anyways! Life as a missionary couldn't be better so many amazing miracles and the best one was my FIRST BAPTISM!!!! <3 

The start of this week was really rough. All of our appointments fell through, and we 穿亀'd all day everyday this week. I was trying my best to be positive and happy and full of life, but by Thursday it started to get to me. Somedays are the mission are really hard and its not just that physically its hard to get up and go, but mentally and spiritually and emotionally it wears you out. You get to a point where you can't remember why you are doing what you are doing. You as yourself if its worth it, or if what your doing is even accomplishing anything. There are days where we go out and no one wants to talk to us, there are times where nothing I say people can even understand, and I wonder why I can't feel the familiar happiness missionary work has brought me the the past. 
BUT I'm writing this all out because I realized more deeply this week the power of the atonement. On Thursday night I knelt down in prayer with my Heavenly Father and asked him why I am here. I wanted to know if he actually needed me here in Korea, and if so why was I having such a hard time being happy, or feeling his spirit and love. An indescribable feeling came over me that reassured me that here is where I'm supposed to be. I thought of all the people in my life who I love, and all the people here in Korea who I have come to care about more that I though I could and I knew that I am where I'm supposed to be. In that moment I more fully understood my Saviors sacrifice for me. It was more than to just cleanse me from sin, but to take away every hurt, every trial, every weakness, every hard day, every time we are too tired to keep going... If we let him take over our lives we can truly find strength and peace to keep going where normally we'd want to give up. 
The next morning I woke up and was fresh! I was not tired at all! I got right out of bed at 6:30, and had accomplished everything I needed to and more before 7:30 that morning! Personal study was uplifting, and in companionship study Sister Marcy seemed to say exactly what I needed to hear. That day none of our appointments fell through! We even got another one last minute from the elders! The Language wasn't a challenge for me, I taught with the spirit and even extended a baptismal commitment in perfect Korean. The day was a normal missionary day to all those who are only observing missionary life from a distance. But to me, that day was God telling me that he hasn't left me alone, that he is here in the work and that he needs me here in Korea to do it. I realized how important humility is in the work, if I just get down on my knees and tell Heavenly Father that I want to do it his way, that I need his help and I can't do it alone- he shows me that with him I can do anything. 

I read a talk this week that was about how true Joy is only felt by experiencing sorrow, The deeper the Sorrow and afflictions the greater the joy. ( That's why so many times in Alma it talks about their sufferings and trials being directly related to their incomprehensible joy) But it made me grateful for the hard days on the mission, because without them I wouldn't be able to appreciate the good ones. 

SPEAKING OF GOOD DAYS!!! 
SUNDAY WAS AMAZING! The baptism was perfect in every way! Her whole family showed up and the spirit was so strong. It truly is amazing how much you come to love and care about other people when you forget about yourself. I just love it! 
I'm sorry I don't have a better picture, this one was just taken in the bathroom before she went into the font.. The other ones are on a different camera. 

Okay quickly the things from this week!! 
1) They asked ME to translate in Sacrament meeting and I laughed haha, then my companion stood up ( it was like the hunger games) and volunteered to do it for me. What a champ :) I would have have a heart attack. 
2) While we were on a bus last p-day we SAW OUR PIRATE man walking on the streeet hahah, so of coarse I tried to take a drive by creeper photo.. you can't see him.. but just know hes there :P haha 
3) I PASSED OFF MIDWAY! Woohoo! Sister Marcy is a rock star for pushing me in the language! 
4) We met these high school students who were eating this jaw breaker laughy taffy sort of stuff.. and I bought some.. and chipped my tooth. haha but not really just my retainer. せせせせ 
5)  We were sitting on this stone wall wait for the other missionaries to meet up with us, and this girl came up to me and in english said " Can I be your friend?" I said.. sure... she then said " Can I have your number"... I said yeah haha of coarse... I'm a missionary in this area.... and then she ran away. hahahahha like straight up turned and ran. 

I love my life. I love Korea. I Love my Savior. 

 紫櫛背推!!! 
 Love Always, 
Sister Sulz

No comments:

Post a Comment