Monday, April 22, 2013

April 22, 2013

I went on my first exchanges where I was the Senior companion! ( Not going to lie, I was a little bit nervous because Sister Sexton has only been in Korean for 3 weeks) But all of our appointments that day were in English haha so it turned out really good!
She is an amazing Sister and made one of our toughest investigators cry!! I almost didn't believe it! She was heaven sent! :) She also shared with me a scripture her dad would share with missionaries when he was a mission president and I really liked it. 
Jacob 5:72 " The Servants did go and labor with their mights; and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them"- It reminded me that we are not alone. That God is with us, working side by side each and every moment. Whenever I feel discouraged or tired I find strength knowing that God hasn't left me alone to do this work, his hand is constantly there helping me along. 

For example: 
( haha I love my little missionary miracles) 
This week the Elders are having a baptism! Apparently this guy out of nowhere called them for English interest, they started meeting with him 3 weeks ago, and he wants to be baptized!! ( Of coarse we are super excited for them) But yesterday I met him at church, and he came up to me and told me that it was Sister Marcy and I who were on the street one afternoon handing out English flyer's and gave one to him!!!! I was amazed that he remembered us, that we had just given him a flyer and walked away... but that because of it he called the elders and now hes getting baptized!!!!! It's funny because to be honest, some days I dislike English flyering haha. But I feel like that was Gods way of reminding me that it doesn't matter what exactly I am doing to serve, and long as I am serving and working, he will put the people who are ready to hear the gospel in our paths! 

So yeah my testimony of Gods hand in the work is growing more and more each day! We went and visited that little old lady we found knocking doors and she was super embarrassed we showed up because her daughter was there and answered the door. haha she was like... uhhh mom... theres some weird foreigners here asking for you... She told us to leave and come back later. :P Oh I just love awkward missionary experiences. 

Overall this week was pretty good tho. I did pass off again.. haha I have to re-do it on Wednesday, but Elder Sol was really nice about it, and has helped me to actually like having to take Korean tests. It's hard not to get frustrated with myself, or overwhelmed, but I'm realizing that it all has to do with my attitude towards it. If I enjoy doing it, and am happy during pass off, even when I fail its not a big deal. ( I just need to keep being happy about not being able to speak haha) But its actually not that bad, I am constantly impressed with how much I am learning, even though I still feel like I can't say anything. Heavenly Father has a way of helping us accomplish what he needs us to regardless of our abilities. Also I LOVE SISTER MARCY! hahaha <3 Shes great. After going on exchanges and coming back to being with her I felt like I was at home again! It made me realize that home really is when you are with the people you love. I've been blessed to have super solid companions so far! ( I'll attach a photo of all of us together) 

The Pictures are from the Cherry Blossom Festival this week!!! All the missionaries got together for one last big activity before the mission splits :( I am super sad that so many of the missionaries I've been serving with I won't see again!! 
I also wanted to announce that I am officially a frumpy sister missionary hahaha. I brought some cute shoes on the mission, and I realized that comfort is better than style haha. This morning I put on the cute shoes I brought to show sister Marcy and she laughed at me as she watched me put them back in the closet and put on my black tights and thick strapped cloggers haha. What can I say, the mission has taught me to love comfort more than style :P haha it happens to the best of us. 

Anyways! I just wanted everyone to know how much I love you!!! 
Thank you for all the letters and support! 
p.s- if anyone wants to send me Cadbury Mini Eggs&& any of Sara Baril's music, you just might become my favorite person in the whole world. :) 

LOVE YOU! 
사랑해요!!! <3 <3 

Sister Sulz




No comments:

Post a Comment