Monday, April 8, 2013

April 8, 2013

HELLO Family!
Sorry this week is going to be short! I'm trying my best to respond to everyone quickly but I'm still behind. I just wanted to let you know how much I love you! I'm sorry to hear about everything going on back home I love all of you and am praying for you! 
This week was and interesting week! We saw so many crazy miracles! 

I'll just quickly share my favorite one since I'm running super behind on time. ( The rest I'll put in a letter!) 

So since our most progressing investigator was baptized last week and confirmed yesterday ( Such a good day! ) we have had to be more creative with our finding efforts. So like usual we spent a lot of time out on the streets talking to people and knocking on doors. We had decided to make these cards with scriptures from the Book Of Mormon to give to people that opened their doors.. ( people in Korean don't like to open their door lol...) They just speak through and intercom, or yell through the door. Anyways! We were knocking doors for about an hour when this little old lady opened the door and told us to come in!!!! I was in shock! and didn't realized what she had said until she walked away, leaving the door open and the yelled at us to follow her! Hahah I looked at my companion as was amazed... ( Just so everyone knows, this is the FIRST time I've ever gotten into someones house before.. usually they might talk to us for 1-2 minutes at the door.. but I've never gotten inside someones house) Anyways, so she lets us in, gives us a glass of water and some tomatoes. ( Oh I just love Korean grandmas!) haha We talk  to her for about 40 minutes, and the whole time sister Marcy and I have no Idea what shes saying to us. We catch a few words here and there, but lets be serious.. I pretty much figured out that she was 70ish, lived along, had arthritis, and 1 daughter and 1 son... oh yeah and that this was the first time she had ever had foreigners in her house before. Most of the time I just smile and pretend I understand what they are saying :P. BUT! we were able to share a message with her, give her a book of Mormon, and told her where our church was. We prayed with her and she said she would come to church with us if we went and picked her us Sunday morning and walked with her there. 
We left and I couldn't believe what just happened.. haha and I partially didn't really understand what just happened. 

Anyways, Sunday comes around, and before we even leave the church to go get her she shows up on her own and shows one of the members the little card we made for her with  the book of Mormon scripture. On the back it had our names on it, so this member directed the lady to us. She sat down in relief society for about 15 minutes and then left! haha.. So naturally I followed her, because I don't know what to say to her. ( she was fast tho and walked straight out the parking lot and down the road!) hahaha I just looked at my companion and was like " What are we supposed to do? Where is she going?" My companion just looked at me and shrugged her shoulders.. haha so I was like " Lets catch her".. so we ran down the street and stopped her, trying to find out where she was going. She apologized, and said that she was late because she was catching a train to her daughters house and couldn't stay for church today but would come next week, and asked us to visit her at her house again. The end. 
Haha, So yeah I don't know if shes actually going to come next week, or if she's just a crazy old lady, but either way I'm excited to find out! 

Oh the funny things that happen serving a mission in Korea. 

I love you all more than you know. Each week is hard, but I'm coming to know my Savior more now than I ever have in my life before. ( Oh sorry one more quick story) .. This ones for mom.. 
I was at a dinner appointment last night, and we were sharing the proclamation to the family. The Elders were with us and it was their turn to share the message.. so naturally I didn't plan on saying much except a basic testimony. We started going around the table and sharing with everyone how the Gospel has blessed our lives, and especially out families lives. Anyways, it got to my turn and I don't know what happened but I just looked at the mom, and started to tear up. She looked at me and I couldn't say anything at all in Korean, she put her and on her heart and told me that she could understand what I wanted to say in her heart. I hadn't felt the spirit that strong in a long time, and I was reminded of how important families are in this plan. Heavenly Father really wants all of us to find happiness in life and in the next. We really can only do that with our families.. If there is one thing that I've learn't more on my mission so far than anything else, its how important families are. 
I know that things don't all make sense, and our family is not perfect by any means. But I know that God loves us, and wants us to be happy. I know more more deeply than anything else that through the sacrifice Christ made, we can all be together forever and that doesn't just include my immediate family. ( Eileen, Nancy & Kemmie.. that means you tooo! ) 
Anyways, I'm out of time!! 
LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!! 
 

p.s- Rachael hows your baby doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment