Monday, April 29, 2013

April 29, 2013

Apparently I'm starting to look younger and  younger on the mission... ( At least thats what people are saying)  I don;t know if its just because they are being nice, or because I am so white that I look like a little child. :) haha either way I'll take it! 
This week was  super good! 
WE got to go to the temple!!! Woohoo! ( To answer your question Leasa, we normally get to go to the temple once a transfer ( every 6 weeks) but because our mission has been so busy with all the changes it had been almost 3 months since my last trip so it was SO good) I love the temple. 
We were really busy this week!!! Picked up a bunch of new investigators and taught lots! Yesterday we had one of our new investigators come to church too! ( Shes from China! So cool. Reminds me of my China story ) 
The Elders also had 2 baptisms yesterday! One of them was that guy we found from an English flyer! too cool. Sister Marcy and I were asked to sing at the baptism.. and we are singing next week in church... Since she is a singer I have been doing more musical numbers on my mission than I have my entire life! haha its good tho, got to learn somewhere. 

Miracle Moment!!! 
Okay, its not THAT big of a miracle but I though it was a pretty cool experience. 
This past few weeks I've been thinking about the purpose that each missionary has in the area that they are called to serve. Lets be honest, anyone who has ever served a mission, or in a church calling at one time or another has asked themselves the question- What is my purpose? Is what I'm doing absolutely nessesary that I do it? especially when someone else is more qualified.. What is Heavenly Father trying to teach me that I'm not obviously not understanding? 
I'll be honest I ask those questions to myself often - not because I need to know all the answers, ( because we do know the answers to those questions) but because we are humans, and we let our guard down, and we forget our purpose. We let the challenges of our calling, or lives stop us from recognizing Gods influence in our lives. 
Well this week, once again Heavenly Father helped me remember what I already knew, but perhaps needed a reminding of... 

This Thursday we were teaching a lesson to one of our new investigators - she had met with the Elders once of twice before but they decided to give her to us. ( She speaks perfect English and lived in Canada for 2 years) 
We were just casually introducing who we were as missionaries and what our purpose was when she asked why we chose to come to Korean on our missions- even though the language is so difficult and so many people don't like our church. 
I started to tell her about the process of submitting your papers for a mission and receiving our calls. She asked how the Apostles know where each person should go.. While I was telling her how they are inspired by the spirit and suddenly something happened to me as I spoke that I will never forget. 

I opened my mouth to speak and I literally felt someone else speaking through me to give her the explanation  It was the most empowering feeling I've ever experienced and caught me so off guard that the words I said to her seemed to pierce deep into my soul. 
I was again reminded right there of the power of my call, and that Heavenly Father needs me right now here in this particular ward with this exact companion for a specific reason. All the fears and questions I had disappeared. 
Iwish I could better describe what the experience was like- but I knew right there and then the power the Holy Ghost has to speak through us to carry truth into the hearts of men ( and Sister Missionarys) 
It was an incredible experience I will never forget! 

Ahh I'm out of time!
Sorry I love you all so much! 

Sister Sulz 


No comments:

Post a Comment